Our Spider Bundle
includes – Reading and Writing, Maths, Life Cycles
Tasks include –
- What do you know about spiders?
- What would you like to know about spiders?
- What is your new learning? Use this as you discover new learning
- Labelling body parts of a spider
- I see, I think, I wonder – an example is provided for you to share
- Sentences – simple, compound, complex – an example is provided for you to share
- Spiders are-can-have, there are two formats to choose from. Copy as many as you need in colour or black and white
- Statements/Question Matrix
- Fact/Opinion Matrix
- Description/Action Matrix
- Venn Diagram – 2 sets
- Boggle – Arachnid, how many words can you make
- A page to list words that have ‘sp’, ‘er’ in them: spider pages to record words to attach to a spider web on the wall
- Instructions on how to make a spider web on the wall
- A Day in the Life of a Spider – narrative and three different lined papers to use
- Planning page for a report on a spider of your choice and three different lined papers to use
Spider Math Pack
Add as many facts as you can for 10 and 20
Use as flash cards, trust the count and discuss strategies used to know that 7 is 4 and 3 as well as 5 and 2
Add to 10
Hold up a card and with automatic recall the students say what is needed to make 10 – use as a grade or in pairs.
Skip Counting Spiders
Use the spiders to count by 2s, 5s and 10s, sequence or use as flashcards to say what would be next in the sequence.
Have the cards face down and pick up 1 and double it.
Have the cards face down pick up 2 and add them together.
How many flies are left?
Roll a 6, 10, 12 or 20-sided dice and roll twice. Try and record your equation ie 16-3=13
Time for dinner
Match the web to the time and the correct bug.
Use these as dominoes for addition and subtraction.
Roll 2 dice and make the array for the equation.
Spider Life Cycle – Spiders
We love them or we hate them! Some kids are fascinated by them and we need to share which ones are safe and which ones are not. This Spider Life Cycle Pack will support your grade through various tasks and increase their knowledge about arachnids.
Each section contains an instruction page and the pack includes
✎ Word Wall and Vocabulary Cards
✎ Learning Journal
- This will be a record of learning as you move through the information about spiders
- Showing each stage of the cycle. Print and go! Two versions and two printing color options
✎ A Reader – Print and go!
✎ Jigsaw task – to help improve vocab and can be used for sequencing
✎ Print and Go tasks
- Interactive Note page
- Spiderling life
- What do spiders eat?
- Label parts of a spider
- Spiders can/have/are
- Venn Diagram – spider, spiderlings
- Research and answer
- Order the Cycle – Arachnids
✎ Information Report – Planners and templates
✎ Picture Writing Prompts
- These can be printed off or shown on your interactive screen as a prompt.
- Words to describe spiders
- What I like and don’t like about spider webs
- A Day in the Life of a Spider
- Up Close and Personal
- How do you feel when you see a spider?
- What do you think I found in my spider web?
- I think Spiders are…
Please read the description and download the preview before purchasing. The preview clearly shows you what is included in this pack.
COPYRIGHT ©Paula’s Place
This product is for personal use in one classroom only. To share or use in multiple classrooms, please purchase additional licenses. This product may not be shared or distributed without consent from the author.